WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits Online
WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits Online
The course will be based around a four-week, seven module online learning programme with educator support available for this time. The course modules should be followed in sequential order during this four-week window. The course material should take about six hours in total to complete, plus revision time. Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for this mode of study.
The course prepares the student for our qualification and they are guided by a WSET educator. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions. Each module includes a series of independent activities to help students understand the differences between spirit types and styles.
Students should be advised to taste a range of spirits during their studies. All the required spirits for the course can
be found in the “Recommended Tasting Samples for this Course” section online. Any additional spirits can be found in the Specification. Students can post their tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator. Additional tastings may be included by the APP at their discretion.
Please Contact Us with any questions.
Registration deadline: 10 business days before class start date. e.g. Friday 4pm PST for course starting Monday two-weeks later.
Tasting Samples: Please note that no tasting samples are included in the cost of this course.
Exam Options: You will have the option to either sit the exam with a scheduled class (exams are run on the final class of any scheduled dates) or via Remote Invigilation ($45 fee) at any time that you like!
1) In Class: You can sit the exam with any level 1, 2 or 3 class in any of our locations. Please book 25 days in advance. See wineplus.ca for upcoming class dates. Exams are on the final day of all scheduled courses. Email email@example.com with the class date that you would like to sit the exam.
2) Remote Invigilation: Sit your exam at home any time and date you like! You can sit the exam through Remote Invigilation. Remote exams cost an extra $45 due to the individual invigilation costs. Remote exams must be booked with Wine Plus+ 25 days in advance and can be at any time you like (except between 10:30pm and midnight UK time). See the following for how RI exams work.
- Read through the document Candidate Information – Remote Invigilation, including the Appendices, to make sure you are prepared for the exam conditions.
- Watch this video explaining how to setup your examination area, or click for a screenshot guide.
- Make sure that the name you used to register for your WSET exam matches the name on your official photographic ID. Please contact me if the names don’t match.
Cancellations must be made 10 working days before the exam. Cancellations within 10 days of the exam are non-refundable. If you miss your RI exam and need to re-book the current costs are $158 for Level 1 & $199 for Level 2.
To order a Remote Invigilation:
– Click here to purchase the RI exam.
– When you checkout, please enter the specific information below in the “Order Notes” section of the checkout page (bottom left once you have proceeded to checkout). Remember! Exam orders must be at least 25 days in advance!
Students will require access to a computer (recommended) and/or smartphone or tablet with the following minimum requirements:
- Operating Systems –Windows 7 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer, Linux –chrome OS
- Mobile Operating System Native App Support –Android apps require version 5.0or later and iOS apps require version 11 or later. All Android and iOS bothsupport the two most recent versions of their respective operating systems.
- Computer Speed and Processor –use a computer 5 years old or newer whenpossible, 1GB of RAM, 2GHz processorCa
- Internet Speed –along with compatibility and web standards, system carefullycrafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments, minimum of 512kbps
- Supported Browsers –please visit the following websitehttps://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720
- Other required software –Adobe Reader XI or equivalent.